Springtime Cleanse and Bday Restart



I'm doing when I can our semi yearly (my nemesis Crohn's keeps showing up, even though I've requested a restraining order. Lol) Spring/Winter cleaning! You know, going through all our drawers,  pantry, closets, etc and everything related to that. 

I am even moving some plants, and getting a few faux ones for the bdrm (not enough light for real ones). 

I've been inspired by some of the small living Facebook groups I have recently joined. 

We live in a 700sq ft Condo (3rd year) and it's just right for us. I've been living small for many many years, and can't imagine changing that. It does require for us 2x a year going through our home and donating anything we don't and probably won't use, as well as clothing, etc. 

Truly it gets to be less and less since we try So hard to only bring in what we will use and keep long term. Even clothing, shoes, purses. 

I'm a flip flop/sandal person so I don't own many shoes, and keep what sandals/flip flops I have at a minimum 6-7.

And I keep my purses down to 6-7 total. 

My new old thing (I used to do) is putting bottoms, tops together that coordinate and hang a piece of jewelry on them, that coordinates with baggie for earrings, bracelets etc. I'll post photos for it to make sense. 


I need to do it because I actually buy clothes to match (think cutie  garanimals, lol)

If not my ADHD brain can't seem to deal and I just look at my limited clothing like I got nothing lol.

 

And since I don't own a lot of clothing what I do own I like to mix and match with fun colours and Florida Vibe for Summer. 

And in the summer I'm all about white midi denim skirts and bells (for going out, dressing nice for Church, etc) that make it pretty easy to roll that into mix and match vibe. 

I love Lily Pulitzer Vintage patterns kinda feel. Without the pocket book price. 

I rarely follow trends. Never really have. And being that I grew up in the 70's I hold on to those styles. 

I don't do clogs or platforms anymore, but old school adidas and vintage inspired sandals. 

I also like bling, A LOT. 

My Italiano and Jewish blood showing. 


What has this to do with Catholic Artisan???

Well I have to be organized, and have minimum of things to keep my ADHD at bay. I believe this is a gift from God.

Look how the world was created, the flowers, the sun, the stars, etc. All making sense. 


The devil: Chaos, disunity and upheavel. 

All things that terribly affect my mental health to the point I can't accomplish all that I'm driven and guided to do. 


I started being led to do it on my birthday this year. I've donated a good amount, thrown out a good amount and organized every nook and cranny I can think too..


All that's left is to clean all surfaces with Clorox wipes, dust and vacuum. I did eight loads of laundry. All the extras, like rugs, comforters, tablecloths, etc. 

Yah I'm driven. Lol. I'll post photos after I'm finally done. 


Now I can work on my new projects and feel organized in my brain. 😂 


Now I'm ready to learn a few new creative tricks lol.

This is my Spring and Summer list:

-Pearl knotting with new set up.  

-Make small Rosary Plates w air dry clay from new kit

-Make Resin candle holders from new kit

-Make Candles from Candle Making Kit. 

-Make Bread from Bread maker I bought last year!

-Make Jam from Jam Kit I bought last Year!

-learn to Airbrush with mini Airbrush I got last year!  


My Spiritual Walk Now includes:

-Daily 12 Year St Brigid Prayer

-7 Sorrows Rosary 

-Rosary with Mother Angelica 

-Divine Mercy Singing Chaplet 

-The Chaplet of Our Lady of Tears (every other day)

-St Michael Chaplet (weekly)

Self Care 
-Organic Frankincense with Castor Oil on skin at night
-Using above Weekly in Facial 
-manicure weekly 






Comments

Popular Posts